Piquillo Peppers Organic
Piquillo peppers are a small tangy pepper, native to the rural village of Lodosa in Navarra. Often referred to as the red gold of Lodosa. Picked whole and fire-roasted, hand-peeled and packed in their own juices. Brought to Spain by Christopher Columbus, once planted in Spain, developed their own characteristics and turned into a native Spanish variety.
- Origin: Spain
- Pepper Varietal: Chili capsicum annuum
- Flavor profile: intense red color, sweet and tangy, soft to the palate with a smoky after taste
- Recommended use: excellent stuffing pepper for savory meats, fish and cheeses. Also chop or slice for sandwiches and salads, or simply use sliced as a simple tapas with a little salt and pepper pureeing with olive oil and spices for a quick dip or sauce.
- Ingredients: Whole Piquillo Peppers
- Size: 300 gr (0.66 lbs) net dry weight